Around the SEC: Week 11

Photo by Ishika Samant

Senior DB Demani Richardson (26) brings down Alabama QB Jalen Milroe (4) during Texas A&M’s game against Alabama on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023. (Ishika Samant/The Battalion)

No. 10 Ole Miss @ No. 2 Georgia
Saturday, Nov. 11 — 6 p.m. on ESPN
Sanford Stadium — Athens, Georgia
An entertaining matchup is set between the Rebels and the Bulldogs. Georgia is currently undefeated and looks to continue its win streak to remain No. 1 in the SEC East.
Ole Miss is No. 2 in the SEC West and is 8-1 overall with five conference wins. Last week, the Rebels sealed a thrilling close matchup against the Texas A&M Aggies, 38-35. The victory came after sophomore defensive tackle Zxavian Harris got a hand on a field goal attempt by A&M sophomore kicker Randy Bond.
The Rebels proved that they have a dynamic offense led by junior quarterback Jaxson Dart that can get down the field and put points on the board. Against the Aggies, sophomore running back Quinshon Judkins rushed for 102 yards and scored three touchdowns.
Just like Dart, Georgia junior quarterback Carson Beck is no stranger to a strong offense. On the season, Beck has thrown 213 completions and recorded 16 passing touchdowns.
It is set to be an offensive battle on both sides.
Prediction: Georgia 35, Ole Miss 31
Florida @ No. 14 LSU
Saturday, Nov. 11 — 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network
Tiger Stadium — Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The Gators are currently 5-4 overall and 3-3 in conference play, while the Tigers sit at 6-3 overall with four conference wins. The squad is looking for a win against the Tigers in hopes of snapping a two-game losing streak.
The unranked Gators are coming off a close 39-36 loss to the Arkansas Razorbacks and seeking to prove that they are not to be counted out.
In Tigerland, there is some uncertainty surrounding the quarterback position after senior quarterback Jayden Daniels went down in last week’s matchup against No. 8 Alabama. If Daniels is not cleared for the matchup, the Gators will need to be prepared to face redshirt sophomore quarterback Garrett Nussmeier.
Nussmeier has seen the field a few times this season, completing 17 of 33 passes for 196 yards with one touchdown.
Both teams will be looking for a big win to gain another conference win.
Prediction: LSU 28, Florida 21
No. 8 Alabama @ Kentucky
Saturday, Nov. 11 — 11 a.m. on ESPN
Kroger Field — Lexington, Kentucky
Kentucky had a blazing 5-0 start to the season but began to struggle after losing three in a row. Last week, the squad defeated the Mississippi State Bulldogs 24-3 to get back in the win column.
The matchup will be a challenge as Alabama is undefeated in conference play with its only season loss coming from Texas in Week 2.
Kentucky will need to put on its best offensive performance of the year to get past the Crimson Tide. With its starting quarterback going down in the second half against Mississippi State, all eyes may be on sophomore quarterback Kaiya Sheron to lead the team to a much needed victory.
Prediction: Alabama 38, Kentucky 24
No. 16 Tennessee @ No. 12 Missouri
Saturday, Nov. 11 — 2:30 p.m. on CBS
Memorial Stadium — Columbia, Missouri
This is set to be a battle as both teams are 7-2 overall and 3-2 in conference play with Missouri sitting at No. 2 in the SEC East and Tennessee following behind at No. 3.
Missouri is coming off a 30-21 loss to Georgia on the road and junior quarterback Brady Cook and his offense are looking for redemption against the Volunteers. Cook has completed 183 passes for 16 touchdowns this season.
The Vols have been dominant offensively with leaders like junior running back Jaylen Wright making things difficult for their opponents on the ground. Last week against the University of Connecticut, Wright logged 120 yards on 11 carries.
Senior quarterback Joe Milton III also had himself a game, completing 17 of 20 passes for 227 yards and one touchdown.
This one will be a close fight — and worth the watch.
Prediction: Tennessee 41, Missouri 38