Around the SEC — Week 4

SEC
Photo by SEC
SEC

No. 17 Mississippi State at No.11 Georgia
Only one leaves undefeated from this matchup that carries us into Week 4. Hail State is coming off a huge 37-7 domination of LSU. They had a chance to win, but Nick Fitzgerald completely obliterated the Tigers’ defense. The whole country now sees MSU in a new light and this weekend we’ll see what they’re really made of. The SEC East Bulldogs have 22 tackles for a loss and will test SEC West Bulldogs from the get go. LSU also boasted a great pass rush and was supposed to keep Fitzgerald from doing work with his legs last Saturday. That, however, was not the case. After allowing just 63 rushing yards in their first two games, the Tigers were steamrolled by MSST for 285 yards and two touchdowns. Offensively, Georgia likes to pound it on the ground and their backfield is averaging for over 5 yards per carry. QB Jake Fromm just isn’t getting it done through the air and I expect MSU can effectively stop the ground game. I think MSST will continue to ride their momentum and pull off yet another upset in Athens. This will be quite the Cowbell-Bulldogs face-off.

Prediction: Mississippi State 27, Georgia 17

No. 15 Auburn at Missouri

Auburn held its own against Clemson but haven’t shown much for people to get excited about this season. Mizzou, on the other hand, is in contention for the honor of worst SEC team. They were outscored by South Carolina and Purdue 66-16. If anything, they have a competent pass rush that can hold a less-than-stellar Auburn offense. The Tigers were held to just six points against Clemson and 24 points against Mercer. If Auburn can keep their turnovers to a minimum, they’ll be able to take this game with ease. Missouri just hasn’t shown enough to make me think their offense can make it to the end zone. 

Prediction: Auburn 31, Missouri 15