Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Around the SEC: Week 7

CJ Smith/The Battalion

A young fan holds up an “SEC” sign before the start of Texas A&M’s football game against Auburn at Kyle Field on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023.

No. 1 Georgia at Vanderbilt
Saturday, Oct. 14 — FirstBank Stadium — Nashville, Tennessee
11 a.m. on CBS
A tale of two teams takes place bright and early between the juggernaut that is Georgia taking on a struggling Vanderbilt team.
The Bulldogs have been unstoppable with an undefeated record that stretches from last season and in particular have beaten down the Commodores. In the last two meetings, Georgia has shut them out while putting up 55 and 62 points.
Vanderbilt has found itself in another struggling season, dropping the last five games. With the second half of the schedule filled with conference opponents, it looks like its Week 1 win over Alabama A&M may have been its last for the season.
Prediction: Georgia 52, Vanderbilt 3
Arkansas at No. 11 Alabama
Saturday, Oct. 14 — Bryant-Denny Stadium — Tuscaloosa, Alabama
11 a.m. on ESPN
After initial struggles, Alabama seems to have regained its footing as it hosts a struggling Arkansas team.
Sophomore quarterback Jalen Milroe led the Tide’s offense and had his best game last week against Texas A&M with the first 300-yard game of his career. Alongside Milroe in the breakout game was senior wide receiver Jermaine Burton. Though he’s been quiet this season, Burton torched the Aggies’ secondary for 197 receiving yards. Against the Razorbacks’ defense that ranks in the middle of the pack, the pair may be poised for another offensive explosion.
Facing an Alabama team that is hitting its stride is not ideal for Arkansas, who has struggled. Arkansas has dropped its previous four matchups with problems on both sides of the ball.
Prediction: Alabama 34, Arkansas 21
Florida at South Carolina
Saturday, Oct. 14 — Williams-Brice Stadium — Columbia, South Carolina
2:30 p.m. on SEC Network
With a strong defense and a consistent offense, Florida will look to continue its positive record against South Carolina.
Florida’s defense has been one the best in the country in yards per game. Paired with an offense that has done a good job in limiting turnovers and putting up points, it’s been an ideal start to the season for the Gators. The connection between junior quarterback Graham Mertz and senior wide receiver Ricky Pearsall has helped the offense churn out yards through the air.
Through the ups and downs of South Carolina’s season, the team has found a consistent duo between senior quarterback Spencer Rattler and senior wide receiver Xavier Legette. The pair has connected for 606 yards and three touchdowns, and the synergy has helped out a team that features a below-average defense.
Prediction: Florida 41, South Carolina 21
Auburn at No. 22 LSU
Saturday, Oct. 14 — Tiger Stadium — Baton Rouge, Louisiana
6 p.m. on ESPN
Kicking off the late window of conference games, LSU finds itself in yet another catfight, tangling with an Auburn team that has struggled recently.
LSU’s identity is split. On one hand, its offense has been near perfect, ranked as the third-best in the country in yards per game. Led by one of the best dual-threat quarterbacks in senior Jayden Daniels, his numbers and play have been the main reason why LSU is 4-2. With 19 passing touchdowns to two interceptions as well as being the team’s second-leading rusher, Daniels has been a sleeper candidate for the Heisman trophy.
On the other hand, LSU’s defense has been terrible. It sits near the bottom of the rankings for yards given up per game and has allowed an average of 32.3 points per game.
The visiting Auburn Tigers have dropped their last two games. After a strong start to the season, conference play has been Auburn’s downfall as it’s lost to A&M and Georgia. While the defense has held up its end, the offense has yet to be found.
Prediction: LSU 45, Auburn 31
Missouri at No. 24 Kentucky
Saturday, Oct. 14 — Kroger Field — Lexington, Kentucky
6:30 pm. on SEC Network
Wrapping up the last SEC game of the day is a tangle between Kentucky and Missouri. Both teams have mirrored each other, winning the first five games and dropping its previous one.
Though it lost its ranking after losing to LSU, Missouri’s season has been one of the program’s best in a while. Its offense has been consistently good, both through the air and on the ground. Junior quarterback Brady Cook has lived up to his last name, throwing for 13 touchdowns and has passed for over 300 yards in all but one game.
Kentucky has also had a pleasant start to the season, led by senior running back Ray Davis. He’s gotten at least 50 rushing yards per game and his breakout came against the Florida Gators, where he ran for 280 yards and three touchdowns.
Prediction: Kentucky 31, Missouri 28