Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

A&M women’s basketball renews series with Duke

Sophomore guard Chennedy Carter sings the Aggie War Hymn with her teammates after the Aggie victory.

After a four-year hiatus, Texas A&M women’s basketball is set to host Duke during the 2019-2020 season on Sunday, Nov. 10. 

The Aggies have maintained a 5-1 all-time record against the Blue Devils, with the last game ending in an overtime win for the Aggies at Cameron Indoor Stadium back in 2015. In all six of the games played between the two teams, both programs were ranked in the AP Top 25 at the time of the contests. 

“I’ve always respected the Duke program and what Coach Joanne P. McCallie has done,” A&M head coach Gary Blair told 12thman.com. “You look for series with programs that respect each other for what they’ve done over the years—that’s what we tried to do here.”

A&M has seen success on the court consistently since the end of the last matchup with Duke, with the team reaching two second round and Sweet Sixteen appearances in the NCAA Tournament. 

Despite the second round and Sweet Sixteen appearance by Duke in the past three seasons, the Blue Devils missed the NCAA Tournament after posting a 15-15 overall record in the 2018-2019 season.

“It’s going to be a tremendous week in Aggieland, with the start of basketball season,” Blair told 12thman.com. “People need to come out on that Sunday and see what we’re all about. People’s expectations are going to be very high for us—and it’s up to the student-athletes and coaching staff to deliver on those expectations.”