Baseball concludes fall season with Maroon and White Championship Series

Baseball+Preview
Photo by File
Baseball Preview

The Texas A&M baseball team will conclude its fall practice season with the Maroon and White Championship Series, which begins on Tuesday at Olsen Field.

This series is meant to epitomize the sense of competition that head coach Rob Childress and staff have stressed this season. It is in a best-of-three format between the Farmers and Plowboys, the two teams the players were split up into before the start of fall practice.

Andrew Vinson, Tyler Ivey and Brigham Hill will be the starting pitchers for the Farmers, while Kyle Simonds, Tyler Stubblefield and Corbin Martin will toe for the rubber for the Plowboys.

The games will be played on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and are all scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m.

Fans are invited to come out and watch the Aggies, who finished the 2015 season with a solid 51-14 record and came within one victory of advancing to the College World Series. The fall practices and scrimmages are also all open to the public.

The Aggie baseball team has qualified for the NCAA Regionals in a school-record nine consecutive years, and they will try to extend that streak to a decade in 2016 with an eye on advancing to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska for the first time since 2011.