No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Carter named to AP All-American Second Team

Though her junior season was cut short amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Texas A&M women’s basketball junior guard Chennedy Carter has garnered her third Associated Press All-American honor, the AP announced on Thursday.
With the recognition, Carter follows Courtney Walker as the second Aggie to receive the honor three times in their career. However, Carter is the first to do it in the first three years of her career.
The announcement comes a day after the two-year anniversary of Carter’s game-winning three-pointer to advance A&M to the Sweet 16 in 2018.
Though the Aggies’ season ended before an appearance in the NCAA Tournament, which was canceled due to concerns of the spread of coronavirus, and she missed seven games with an ankle injury, Carter finished the 2019-2020 season with 491 points on .452 shooting from the field and .253 from behind the arc.
Carter’s 23-game season saw her set several program records. She holds the most double-digit scoring games with 62, which is also the number of her 20-point scoring games. She has a program-high 12 games of over 30 points, including a 37-point performance against ranked Tennessee that is the most points scored by an Aggie against an SEC opponent.
On Nov. 7, Carter also set the collegiate record for most points scored against the U.S. National Team, with 34.
In addition to being a three-time All-American, Carter has received First Team All-SEC honors three times. She is also seven points away from being A&M’s all-time leading scorer and 17 points away from 2,000 career points.