Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

Carter named to USBWA All-American Second Team

In addition to being named an AP All-American, Texas A&M women’s basketball junior guard Chennedy Carter was named to the U.S. Basketball Writers Association All-American Second Team on Monday.
Carter is the first player in A&M history to receive the honor twice in their career.
Though the Aggies’ season ended before an appearance in the NCAA Tournament, which was canceled due to concerns of the spread of coronavirus, and she missed seven games with an ankle injury, Carter finished the 2019-2020 season with 491 points on .452 shooting from the field and .253 from behind the arc.
Carter’s 23-game season saw her set several program records. She holds the most double-digit scoring games with 62, which is also the number of her 20-point scoring games. She has a program-high 12 games of over 30 points, including a 37-point performance against ranked Tennessee that is the most points scored by an Aggie against an SEC opponent.
On Nov. 7, Carter also set the collegiate record for most points scored against the U.S. National Team, with 34.
In addition to being a two-time USBWA All-American, Carter is a three-time AP All-American and has received First Team All-SEC honors three times. She is also seven points away from being A&M’s all-time leading scorer and 17 points away from 2,000 career points.