Chancellor Sharp presents Fisher with National Championship plaque

Screenshot of the plaque given to A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher. 

If there was even the slightest doubt that the expectations aren’t sky-high for Jimbo Fisher, the cat was let out of the bag in a video that was released on Feb. 28 by the Texas A&M University System.
The video was filmed at the Chancellor’s Century Council annual meeting on Feb. 16, where Texas A&M Commerce was recognized for winning the 2017 NCAA II title. Sharp handed Texas A&M Commerce head football coach Colby Carthel and then presented Fisher with a plaque of his own. 
Chancellor John Sharp then presented Fisher with a National Championship plaque with the year “20–“.
“The only difference between Colby’s and yours is you get to fill in the date,” said Sharp. 
“I hope I win a couple [of National Championships,” responded Fisher. 
The new-look Aggies will open the 2018 season at home on Thursday Aug. 30, at 7:30 p.m against Northwestern State. The game will be televised by the SEC Network. 

• Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher finished National Signing Day with the No. 16 recruiting class in the country.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker