Charlene Sumlin explains reasoning for posting letter sent to house on Twitter

0911_SumlinUpdate.jpg
0911_SumlinUpdate.jpg

Sunday afternoon, Charlene Sumlin, wife of Texas A&M head football coach Kevin Sumlin, took to Facebook to explain what led to her posting the photos of the racially charged letter sent to the Sumlin household earlier this past week. 
Charlene Sumlin wrote on her Facebook page, in addition to the information below, that she waited until after the Aggies season opener against Nicholls State out of respect to her husband and didn’t want to add any distractions him and the team were dealing with throughout the week. 
“Kevin asked me to wait until after the game to comment any further about the letter situation…,” Charlene Sumlin said. “It was a week of craziness and distraction so i wanted to respect that.” 
After explaining that she had initially contacted local law enforcement, she took to Twitter in hopes that it would help the Sumlins find the sender after according to Charlene Sumlin, the letter didn’t fit the criteria to be prosecuted as a threat, hate crime or violation of civil rights. 
Following the post to Twitter, Charlene Sumlin said she was contacted by several state agencies wanting to help. Charlene Sumlin then explained how they were able to track the letter. 
“For those non postals experts, there is a bar code on the back of the envelope that gives them all of the information that they need to trace the letter,” Charlene Sumlin said. 
According to Charlene Sumlin they have conducted forensics analysis and are currently investigating and said they are willing and ready to press charges. Charlene Sumlin explained that she would do anything in her power to protect her family. 
“They asked us if we wanted to press charges and I couldn’t answer ‘YES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT TO THE LAW’ fast enough,” Charlene Sumlin said. “I want to make an example of this person. I want everyone to understand that I will do everything to PROTECT MY FAMILY. Period.”
Charlene Sumlin said she looks forward to confronting the person who sent the letter.
“I literally cannot wait to look at this person eye to eye,” Charlene Sumlin said. “There is real unique kind of cowardice in someone to anonymously criticize, ridicule, or threaten another person. If i have the opportunity to to expose even ONE troll. I am going to do it.” 

• On Thursday night, Charlene Sumlin tweeted a picture of a racist hate letter received by the family. 

Photo by VIA Charlene Sumlin's Twitter
  • Charlene Sumlin took to Facebook to explain her reason for posting the letter sent to the Sumlin home on Twitter.

Photo by Via Charlene Sumlin's Facebook Post