Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Clifford Chattman becomes sixth Aggie to opt out of 2020 football season

FILE

Graduate student defensive back Clifford Chattman is the sixth Aggie to opt out of the 2020 football season.

Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher announced during Monday’s press conference that graduate student defensive back Clifford Chattman has opted out of the 2020 football season.
This makes the sixth Aggie to opt out of the football season. He is the fourth defensive player to opt out of the season, following junior linebacker Anthony Hines III and senior defensive backs Derrick Tucker and Elijah Blades. Backup quarterback James Foster and wide receiver Jhamon Ausbon have also elected to sit out this season.
In the 2019 season, Chattman had 14 solo tackles and one interception. His interception was during the game against Ole Miss, which the Aggies won 24-17.
Chattman was originally committed to LSU and then Florida State, before ending up at Texas A&M.
Billy Liucci from TexAgs said the defensive back opted out on Friday before the A&M season opener against Vanderbilt, which the Aggies won 17-12.
The Aggies will travel to Tuscaloosa to face No. 2 Alabama on Saturday.