Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Cos-Okpalla named SEC Defensive Player of the Week for second time

Photo by Kyle Heise

Sophomore OPP Logan Lednicky (9) and Sophomore MB Ifenna Cos-Okpalla (1) jump to block TCU OH Melanie Parra’s (23) spike during Texas A&M’s game against TCU at Reed Arena on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2023.

Sophomore middle blocker Ifenna Cos-Okpalla was named SEC Defensive Player of the Week after Texas A&M volleyball defeated Ole Miss and Mississippi State to improve to 12-4 this season.
The honor is the second of the season for Cos-Okpalla, who previously took home the hardware on Sept. 11. The Flower Mound native leads the country with 108 blocks after becoming the first player in the nation to reach 100 blocks this year. She also takes the nation’s top spot in blocks per set with 1.93.
Cos-Okpalla tallied five blocks in a 3-1 win over the Rebels on Oct. 6 before adding eight in a sweep of the Bulldogs on Oct. 8. Her 46 blocks and 2.09 blocks per set in SEC play lead the conference.
A&M wraps up its road trip versus LSU at 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 13, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.