No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Cullen Gillaspia will make position change for final season

Photo by Photo by Hanna Hausman

The 12th man linebacker Cullen Gillaspia sports the new “Bright Lights” uniform with a two-toned weave design and chrome helmets, reflecting the crowd in Kyle Field. 

After playing his first four seasons at linebacker, 12th Man Cullen Gillaspia announced on Thursday that he will be making a shift to fullback. 
Gillaspia redshirted his freshman season before seeing a limited role during his redshirt freshman season. He was named the Aggies’ 12th Man and received a scholarship after fall camp in his sophomore season. Gillaspia was used mostly in a special teams capacity in his sophomore season and led the team with six tackles on special teams, a forced fumble and fumble recovery. 
Last season, he was named a team captain and excelled on special teams recording nine tackles, two blocked punts and returned to kickoffs. Gillaspia announced that he would be returning for his ‘super senior season’ on Jan 6. 
Gillaspia will now make the move to the fullback position which was rarely used in previous head coach Kevin Sumlin’s offense. The Aggies started their strength and condition camp this week and will move into more positional workouts prior to the spring season.