Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

DeAndre Jordan makes NBA playoff impact

Photo by photo by Keith Allison

Wizards v/s Clippers 03/12/11

The Los Angeles Clippers now lead the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference Semifinals 3-1, and former A&M basketball player DeAndre Jordan continues to make an impact.
In three of the four games, Jordan has accumulated double-doubles. In game one, Jordan scored 10 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and even dished out five assists. In game two the Houston native played only 25 minutes but still managed to score 16 points, going 6-for-6 from the field and adding 12 boards. 
Game three was a blowout victory for the Clippers as they won 124-99. Jordan grabbed a game-high 15 rebounds in the game and scored six points. And in game four, Jordan scored 26 points to go with 17 rebounds. With the Rockets intentionally fouling Jordan, he went 14-for-34 from the free throw line.
After splitting the series in Houston, if the Clippers won their second game in a row at home Sunday, taking a commanding 3-1 lead as the series heads back to Houston, where Jordan was born and raised, with a chance to end the series. Jordan played for Christian Life Center Academy in Humble, Texas before coming to A&M for a year and then leaving for the NBA.