DeMarvin Leal to sit out during spring practices

Photo by Cassie Stricker

Texas A&M head football coach Jimbo Fisher said in a postgame interview he thought the win was high character and high quality.

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher announced Thursday that freshman defensive end DeMarvin Leal will miss spring practices due to a knee injury.
Fisher said that the early enrollee would be ready for summer workouts after sitting out in the spring.
“He has a very slight tear in his cartilage but they could sew it,” Fisher said. “By sewing it they keep you out longer that way you don’t ever lose the cartilage.”
The former Under Armor All-American was heralded as a blue chip recruit in A&M’s 2019 recruiting class. The Aggies’ recruiting class was ranked as the best in school history by ESPN, 247sports and Rivals.
Leal was ranked 10th and 16th nationally by Rivals and 247sports, respectively.
Fisher said he was unsure of what Leal’s role will be on the team, but is optimistic about his future as an Aggie.
“Oh I have no idea,” Fisher said. “We have to wait and see. He’s a great player we were very happy to get one of the best players in the country. So now hopefully he’ll make an impact on us but I can’t say until he goes out and plays.”