Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Edgerrin Cooper named SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Photo by Jaime Rowe

Junior LB Edgerrin Cooper (45) celebrates during Texas A&M’s vs. South Carolina at Kyle Field on Satuday, Oct. 28, 2023.

Texas A&M football junior linebacker Edgerrin Cooper was named SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Week, the conference announced on Monday, Oct. 30.
Leading the Aggies in tackles with 52, Cooper added seven to his tally in A&M’s 30-17 win over South Carolina. His 1.5 tackles for loss helped him keep his top ranking in the SEC in that category with a total of 15.
Cooper also had his second forced fumble of the year, four of his six quarterback hurries and a pass deflection in the Aggies’ win over the Gamecocks.
The A&M defense leads the SEC in terms of both total defense and passing defense, sacks and tackles for loss.
The honor is Cooper’s first SEC weekly award of his career.
Cooper and the Aggies will return to action against Ole Miss on Saturday, Nov. 4, at 11 a.m. in Oxford, Mississippi.