Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Enright and Kennedy take home weekly honors for A&M softball

Photo by Jaime Rowe
Texas A&M’s softball team celebrates after a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Valpo on Feb. 10, 2024 at Davis Diamond.

Following Texas A&M softball’s sweep at the Campbell/Cartier Classic last weekend, junior OF Allie Enright was named SEC Co-Player of the Week while junior LHP Emiley Kennedy received SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week honors on Monday, Feb. 19.

The recognition marks both players’ first weekly distinction of their careers and the third instance since 2013 that two Aggies have earned a softball weekly honor in the same week. The Aggies picked up two wins each over San Diego State and No. 14 Oregon, plus a victory over Loyola Marymount in San Diego to improve to 9-0 this season.

With an 8-for-14 showing at the plate over the four games, Enright improved her batting average to second in the conference at .609. She notched a hit in each game along with three doubles to raise her slugging percentage to 1.174 and on-base percentage to .667, both second in the SEC.

Kennedy made four appearances over the weekend, including two complete games and two saves while logging 16.2 innings in the circle. She tallied 23 strikeouts to raise her season total to an SEC-leading 35 while allowing just one run and walking five batters. Opponents managed just a .138 batting average against her.

The Aggies are back in action at the Texas A&M Invitational on Feb. 22-25 at Davis Diamond, where they will take on the likes of Southeastern Louisiana, St. Thomas, North Dakota State, Kansas and UTSA.