The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Enright and Kennedy take home weekly honors for A&M softball

Photo by Jaime Rowe
Texas A&M’s softball team celebrates after a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Valpo on Feb. 10, 2024 at Davis Diamond.

Following Texas A&M softball’s sweep at the Campbell/Cartier Classic last weekend, junior OF Allie Enright was named SEC Co-Player of the Week while junior LHP Emiley Kennedy received SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week honors on Monday, Feb. 19.

The recognition marks both players’ first weekly distinction of their careers and the third instance since 2013 that two Aggies have earned a softball weekly honor in the same week. The Aggies picked up two wins each over San Diego State and No. 14 Oregon, plus a victory over Loyola Marymount in San Diego to improve to 9-0 this season.

With an 8-for-14 showing at the plate over the four games, Enright improved her batting average to second in the conference at .609. She notched a hit in each game along with three doubles to raise her slugging percentage to 1.174 and on-base percentage to .667, both second in the SEC.

Kennedy made four appearances over the weekend, including two complete games and two saves while logging 16.2 innings in the circle. She tallied 23 strikeouts to raise her season total to an SEC-leading 35 while allowing just one run and walking five batters. Opponents managed just a .138 batting average against her.

The Aggies are back in action at the Texas A&M Invitational on Feb. 22-25 at Davis Diamond, where they will take on the likes of Southeastern Louisiana, St. Thomas, North Dakota State, Kansas and UTSA.