Equestrian to host South Carolina

Equestrian
Photo by Photo by Ana Casas
Equestrian

The Texas A&M equestrian team looks to build on its 2-0 start as they host SEC opponent South Carolina Friday morning.
After downing Fresno State 14-5 and South Dakota State 12-4 in last weekend’s double-header, six Aggies earned Most Outstanding Player titles.
The Aggies swept in Equitation Over Fences against Fresno State, with Rachael Hake winning her MOP after an 84-77 victory. Hake earned a second MOP honor with a 90-65 win in Equitation on the Flat, in which the Aggies scored 9-1.
Texas A&M also won in Horsemanship and Reining over Fresno State 4-1 and 1-0.
The Aggies’ other four MOP honors came against South Dakota State on Saturday. Alex Desiderio earned the title after her 95-79 performance in Equitation on the Flat, tying the school record for highest-scoring ride, helping the Aggies sweep the category 4-0.
Texas A&M also swept Equitation Over Fences 4-0, with Rebekah Chenelle earning the MOP award with an 83-60 win. The Aggies went 2-2 in Reining, with Kalee McCann barely topping Miranda Sullivan 70.5-70 and earning MOP honors.
The Aggies finished the weekend with a 2-2 tie in Horsemanship. Ashley Davidson was named MOP after a 77-73.5 victory.
Friday’s match will start at 11 a.m. at the Hildebrand Equine Complex.