Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Former A&M player Dan Campbell named Dolphins interim head coach

The Miami Dolphins have named Dan Campbell as its interim head coach, the team announced in a press release this morning. Campbell, a Texas A&M graduate, will take over for the recently fired Joe Philbin, who coached the team since 2012.

For the past five seasons, the 39-year-old Campbell has coached the Dolphins tight ends. Before that, he played in the NFL for 11 seasons with the Giants, Cowboys, Lions and Saints.

Campbell came to A&M from Glen Rose High School in Clifton, Texas. As a senior Aggie, he played tight end and caught two touchdowns. He majored in agricultural development, and was drafted in the third round of the 1999 NFL Draft.

He has a tough job ahead of him, as the Dolphins have struggled mightily so far in 2015. There have been multiple reports of conflict within the locker room, so it will be interesting to see how Campbell manages the situation.
Campbell joins Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak as an Aggie at the helm of an NFL team.