Former Oklahoma running back transfers to Texas A&M

According to a report by 247Sports, former Oklahoma running back Keith Ford decided Thursday to transfer to Texas A&M University.   
“I’m going to Aggieland,” Ford told 247Sports. “It feels great. When I went up there today, you could really tell how much time they put into their players’ futures. They care about you getting your degree as much as your success on the field. What really helped me come to my decision was when I sat down with Coach [Kevin] Sumlin. It didn’t sound like it was rehearsed or anything. He was just talking to me man to man and laid out his expectations for me. He also wanted me to believe in him. After I heard all of that I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m coming here.’ I can’t wait to get up there.”
After serving a year as a redshirt player due to the transfer, the 5’11” 202 pound running back will have two years left to give to A&M. Ford was unfortunately unable to see the field for the entire 2014 season due to a broken leg sustained in the third game of the season against Tennessee. In March, Ford was suspended from the Sooner team indefinitely for academic and team rules violations. 
The running back sees coming to Texas A&M as a great opportunity and knows that he will have to work for everything he wants to achieve. 
“Come next spring I’m going to have to compete for my spot just like everyone else,” said Ford. “I have a lot of opportunities because of how the offense is set up.”