Four Aggies to attend NFL Combine

Photo by Photo by Rachel Grant

Wide receiver Christian Kirk catches a pass from quarterback Trevor Knight on Nov. 25, 2016. 

Four former A&M football players will attend the 2018 NFL Combine which starts on Wednesday, Feb. 28. The players representing the Aggies are wide receiver Christian Kirk, safety Armani Watts, defensive tackle Zaycoven Henderson and punter Shane Tripucka. 
The four players enter the draft looking to keep the Aggies’ seven-year streak of having a player drafted in the first round alive. Kirk has the best chance to extend this streak, and is currently projected to be drafted 32nd to the Philadelphia Eagles in Mel Kiper’s latest Mock Draft on ESPN.com. Kirk is already feeling the effects of being a NFL player, and announced on Tuesday that he has inked a sponsorship contract with Adidas.
Watts projects as the second-highest pick of the four, and has been seen in mock drafts as high as late second round to as low as early fifth round. 
Tripucka, who was one of the top punters in the nation in his last two seasons, projects as a late round pick or a free-agent signee due to the rarity of specialists being drafted. 
Henderson will attend the Combine with questions swirling about his off-the-field behavior. Henderson was suspended indefinitely by A&M after being arrested in December on three charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, evidence tampering and marijuana possession (less than two ounces). Henderson and his lawyer have both announced via Twitter that A&M has since lifted the suspension. However, he still has pending charges in Brazos County. 
On-field workouts are set to begin on March 2 and end on March 5.