Freshman football player arrested on theft charge

Photo by Courtesy of Brazos County Justice Web

Freshman defensive end Ondario Robinson was arrested Monday morning for allegedly stealing a “bait bike.”

Texas A&M freshman defensive end Ondario Robinson was arrested Monday on a misdemeanor theft charge. Robinson, who is redshirting this year, is accused of stealing a “bait bike” worth $350.
Robinson allegedly stole the bike at 7:53 a.m. from the bike racks outside the Koldus Building, according to the affidavit. The bicycle was equipped with GPS equipment, which allowed the Communication officers to monitor the bike’s location.
Robinson allegedly then rode the bike to Harrington Education Center and entered the building. After leaving the building an hour at 8:53 a.m., Robinson allegedly took the bike before he was stopped by a detective.
Robinson was arrested and charged with theft of the value of $100 to $750. He was released from jail after posting a $2,000 bail.
Robinson was a three-star prospect coming out of Hutto High School. He signed with Texas A&M in February after receiving offers from California and Oklahoma.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Texas A&M released the following statement on Tuesday night: “The Texas A&M Athletics Department is aware of the situation and gathering more information.”