No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Friday night lights to shine on Kyle Field

Photo by File

Aggie football fans will sit in the East side of the stands in Kyle Field, and have the chance to enter drawings for multiple prizes throughout the night.

For the first time in 2016, Kyle Field will see its stands filled with Aggie football fans this Friday night. 
In preparation for their spring game April 9, the Aggies will host a Friday night lights scrimmage April 1 that is open to the public. 
The scrimmage, which is open to the public, will begin at 8 p.m. with the gates opening at 7 p.m. Fans will have bags checked and seating will be similar to Midnight Yell — first come, first served. 
“The players have been working hard, and I hope we have a great crowd Friday at Kyle Field,” Coach Sumlin said in a news release. “This will be a great opportunity for our players to perform in front of the 12th Man.”
This scrimmage will give fans a look at the team, which has had practices throughout the last few weeks.
Free Double Dave’s pizza will be available for the first 1,200 students in the Northeast Plaza, and there will also be drawings for multiple prizes throughout the night. Prizes range from running onto the field with the team for the spring game, calling the first play of the spring game, a game-worn helmet and a private tour of the Bright Football Complex with nine guests of choice. Sign-ups will take place at all entrances.
It will also give fans a first viewing of the new offense after the Kyle Allen-Kyler Murray fiasco. Oklahoma transfer quarterback Trevor Knight will take his first few snaps in front of the Aggie faithful as well. 
A&M will end spring practice next Saturday with their first spring game since 2013, when Kyle Field renovations forced the annual Maroon and White game into hiatus for two years. The spring game will be at 5 p.m. April 9.