Gilder to return for senior season

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Admon Gilder scored 10 points in the Aggies’ 99-82 loss.

Guard Admon Gilder announced Friday afternoon that he would withdraw from the NBA Draft and return to school for his senior season.
“These past three years in Aggieland have been amazing and we’ve accomplished so much as a team,” Gilder said in a statement. “Over the past two months, I’ve had the chance to work towards my dream of reaching the NBA. I’ve learned and grown a lot through the process. At the end of the day, we have more work to do, as I want to help this team go further than any team in school history and I think this group can do just that. Therefore, today I withdrew my name from the 2018 NBA Draft. Thanks for all your support in the past, let’s get ready to Rock Reed next year!”
Gilder was a mainstay on the Aggies’ Sweet 16 team, averaging 12.3 points per game which was second best on the team. He was also one of A&M’s top defenders, swiping 37 steals last year despite missing several games in the middle of the season due to a knee injury.
“We are excited that Admon has decided to come back for his senior season,” said A&M head coach Billy Kennedy. “Admon’s leadership and experience with the talented newcomers and returners sets us up for great success this season.”
The return of Gilder is good news for A&M, who is losing starters Robert Williams, DJ Hogg and Tyler Davis to professional ball. Gilder and TJ Starks could form one of the top guard combos in the SEC next season.