Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Grana and Oakley earn weekly swim and dive recognition from SEC

Photo by CJ Smith

Texas A&M diver prepares to enter the water during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving’s freshman Miranda Grana and sophomore Joslyn Oakley were recognized for their efforts in leading the Aggies to wins over South Carolina and Virginia Tech in a double-dual meet on Oct. 7.
Grana was named the SEC Freshman of the Week after recording three top-two finishes over the weekend. She came in first place in the 100-yard and 200-yard backstrokes with times of 52.49 seconds and one minute and 56.39 seconds, respectively.
Grana came in second in the 50 freestyle in 23.19, just behind her teammate, senior Chloe Stepanek. Grana also led off A&M’s first-place 200 medley relay team in 24.77.
Oakley was named the SEC Diver of the Week after sweeping both her events with a score of 298.88 in the 1-meter and a 326.85 in the 3-meter. Oakley locked up a trip to the NCAA Zones with her performance in the team’s opening meet against Incarnate Word.