Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)
Cernousek captures individual national title as Aggies advance to NCAA quarterfinals

It didn’t take long for Texas A&M athletics to add another accolade to its trophy case. Just a day after the Aggies’ women’s tennis...

Jace LaViolette named Freshman All-American

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Freshman LF Jace LaViolette (17) hits an RBI single during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at Olsen Field on Tuesday, March 28, 2023.

With the 2023 Aggie baseball season coming to an end, freshman OF Jace LaViolette has garnered national honors, being named a Freshman All-American by the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
The Katy native had a batting average of .287 on the year and led the team in slugging with a .632 average. He also led the team in stolen bases with 18, RBIs with 63 and in home runs with 21.
His 21 home runs broke the A&M freshman home run record, a record held since 1987 by Aggies’ legend John Byington.
The freshman had many memorable moments this season, like a walk-off double against Portland or his three-home run performance in Game 2 against Mississippi State, and is poised to be a leader for the Aggies in 2024.