Jeff Reynolds joins men’s basketball coaching staff

Jeff+Reynolds
Photo by Provided by Texas A&M Athletics
Jeff Reynolds

Texas A&M announced Wednesday that longtime men’s basketball coach Jeff Reynolds would be joining the coaching staff as an assistant.
“Janet and I are extremely excited to join the Texas A&M basketball family and anxious to get to College Station and join the Aggie community,” Reynolds said in a statement. “This is a tremendous opportunity to become a part of an outstanding staff and work together to allow our team to reach its potential. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Kennedy and his staff and look forward to making Texas A&M basketball the best that it can be.”
Reynolds was previously the Director of Scouting/Game Management at Virginia Tech for four seasons after serving as the head coach at Air Force from 2007-12. He has also been the head coach at Wingate and North Carolina Wesleyan, having nearly 40 years of coaching experience.
“I’m excited to add Jeff to our staff,” Texas A&M head coach Billy Kennedy said. “He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to our program. I brought Jeff in to oversee player development and to help us improve offensively. This season I want to play faster and take advantage of our perimeter talent and the 3-point line.”
Reynolds replaces Amir Abdur-Rahim, who left to become an assistant at Georgia under new head coach Tom Crean.