Jimbo Fisher finds new offensive line coach

Photo by Meredith Seaver

Kyle Field came alive after the Aggies scored the final touchdown against ULM on Sept. 15 and a smoke ring from the cannon traveled across the field. 

Former Oklahoma State offensive line coach Josh Henson has joined head coach Jimbo Fisher’s staff as Texas A&M’s new offensive line coach, Texas A&M Athletics said in a press release Monday.
Henson replaces former A&M offensive line coach Jim Turner, who left Aggieland for the same position with the Cincinnati Bengals on Feb. 6.
Henson spent the last three seasons under Mike Gundy at his alma mater Oklahoma State. He previously served under Les Miles at Oklahoma State and LSU — where he was a part of the Tigers’ 2007 National Championship run — and under Gary Pinkel at Missouri.
In addition to the National Championship at LSU, Henson has coached in 14 Bowl games.
Henson’s offensive squad ranked in the top 15 in the nation in scoring offense, total offense, passing offense and first downs. The Cowboys were also ranked second in the Big 12 in rushing offense, rushing touchdowns and rushing yards per carry.
His 2017 offense was No. 1 in the nation in passing offense, second in total offense and first downs, third in pass efficiency and fourth in scoring offense.
During his seven-year stint at Missouri, Henson led the Tigers to back-to-back SEC East titles in 2013 and 2014. He also saw four of his offensive linemen drafted into the NFL from 2013-15.
From 2001-08, Henson served as the tight ends coach for Oklahoma State and LSU for four years apiece. Fisher’s offense frequently made use of the tight end position in the 2018 season, with Jace Sternberger accumulating 832 receiving yards on 48 catches and notching 10 touchdowns.
Henson also has playing experience under his belt, having started 37 games for Oklahoma State from 1994-97. As a four-year offensive lineman for the Cowboys, Henson was named a second-team All-Big 12 performer, and led Oklahoma State to second place in the Big 12 with an 8-4 record in 1997.