Kyle Field’s reduced capacity plan released

Photo by Meredith Seaver Photo Illustration by Brady Stone
Ole Miss postponed again

Update: On Wednesday, Texas A&M Athletics announced it would reduce Kyle Field capacity to 25 percent. No additional information is available at this time.

In preparation for the quickly approaching football season, Texas A&M Athletics has announced its long-awaited, reduced capacity seating plan for Kyle Field.
A&M’s plan ensures 2020 season attendance will comply with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s July 2 executive order which limits the operating capacity of outdoor sporting venues. So, while the official capacity of Kyle Field is 102,733, the capacity plan will allow for approximately 33,000 fans to attend games when the season begins on Sept. 26.
“As of today, the initial anticipated attendance to begin the season is approximately 30 percent of normal stadium operating capacity,” a press release from the athletic department said. “This is subject to change based on emerging information as well as local and state health developments.”
Information regarding ticket delivery has not yet been released but will be communicated “as details are confirmed and plans evolve.”
Upon recommendations from the CDC, Texas Department of State Health Services, and community and A&M health officials, Kyle Field will introduce these safety measures to protect attendees:
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the stadium prior to and during all events
• Face coverings will be required as fans move throughout the stadium as well as any time when an individual is not able to maintain a safe physical distance from others not in the same household. This requirement will be enforced by stadium staff and failure to comply can result in removal from the stadium
• Fan required to follow exit routes through directional signage and stadium staff guidance
• Signage in commonly traveled areas encouraging social distancing
• Hand sanitization and washing stations located throughout the stadium
• A capacity for those using elevators and escalators
• Concessions featuring cashless transactions
According to the press release, A&M has shared the plan with local health officials and is implementing procedures to provide the safest environment possible.
“A risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place, including sporting events at Texas A&M,” a press release from the athletic department said. “Fans with pre-existing health conditions or who are otherwise at risk should consider not attending on-campus sporting events during this unprecedented time.”
For more information on Kyle Field stadium precautions, season ticket information and ticket costs, click here.
The Aggies are scheduled to kick off the 2020 season at home against Vanderbilt on Sept. 26.