Kyler Murray to officially transfer from Texas A&M

Photo by Photo by Lawrence Smelser

Kyler Murray walks back to the huddle during his first ever start as an Aggie.

After a couple days of uncertainty about Kyler Murray’s future with the Texas A&M football team, things became clearer Thursday afternoon.
The true freshman has made the final decision of opting to transfer from the program, as first reported by TexAgs’ Billy Luicci. Hours after the decision, Murray tweeted about it.
“To all my family, friends and fans out there, I thank you for your love and your continued support,” the Twitter post said. “I will forever be grateful for the opportunities I’ve been given and relationships I’ve made at Texas A&M University. I wish nothing but the best to all my guys in that locker room.”
Gigem247 reported earlier Thursday that Murray had missed practice once again. On Wednesday, head coach Kevin Sumlin addressed the media about the situation and told reporters that he had spoken with Murray and his family about their concerns.
The freshman was told to skip practice in order to think about his decision, and it was also awkward for him to be around the team during that time.
Now, the Aggies will have just Jake Hubenak and Connor McQueen as the only scholarship quarterbacks left on the roster. Tate Martell, a five-star quarterback out of Bishop Gorman High School committed to A&M, will not join the Aggies until 2017 unless he graduates early.
Murray’s decision comes exactly a week after former starting quarterback Kyle Allen decided to transfer. Hubenak will most likely start for the upcoming bowl game on Dec. 30 against Louisville.
Friday, Murray released the following statement on twitter:

The decision has sparked different reactions on twitter. Junior offensive lineman Germain Ifedi tweeted “Entitlement is such a silly beast. Welcome to 2015.”

Sophomore wide receiver Ricky Seals Jones tweeted, “Lost one today…but the army keeps marching!”

Freshman wide receiver Christain Kirk tweeted, “I came to A&M because I love this town and University simple as that. This teams been through adversity before, we’ll be alright.”

Not everyone is upset about the move however. Hubenak’s mother Trish Hubenak tweeted, “God has aligned the stars!”

Sophomore wide receiver Damion Ratley, who played football with Hubenak at Blinn College in 2014, tweeted, “Uh-oh he’s back!”

In response to the out pour, Hubenak tweeted, “S/O to the 12th man for all the love and support! Now let’s go #BTHOlouisville”