Lawrence’s fantasy corner: week two analysis

Studs of the Week:

Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh): Big Ben made fantasy owners very happy week two with 30 points and managed to do it all in a half. The Steelers blew the 49ers out of the water early and Roethlisberger finished the day 21 for 27 with 369 yards and 3 TDs. The veteran QB also was successful twice on two point conversions. Next week Pittsburgh plays St. Louis away which should be a more difficult matchup but running back Le’Veon Bell will return from suspension which should help the Steelers offense open up even more.

Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona): The sure handed wide receiver looked like his old self Sunday. The former Pitt wide out had eight receptions for 112 yards and three TDS. With Carson Palmer healthy and the Cardinals at 2-0, the ball should keep heading in his direction. He should put up high WR 2 type numbers this season or low end WR 1. A favorable matchup against San Francisco on Sunday should get him in double digits once again.

Other studs: Tom Brady (New England): 28 points, Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh): 27 points, Cam Newton (Carolina): 26 points.

Adds of the week:

Travis Benjamin (Cleveland): Johnny Manziel’s new favorite target now has 43 points in two weeks. The wide receiver out of Miami now electrified the Titans on Sunday. Benjamin caught a 50 yard and 60 yard TD from Manziel and returned a punt for a score. The fourth year player also returned a punt for a touchdown which helped him enroute to his 29 point day. Benjamin is available on almost every waiver wire on standard fantasy sites so be sure to add him.

Tyrod Taylor (Buffalo): The dual threat QB garnered 25 points in a close loss to New England. Taylor rushed for 43 yards which added a nice four points to his total. The three turnovers cost him 6 points but he still had a heck of a day. Less than 20 percent of people own the former Virginia Tech signal caller so go grab him while you can. He can be a great back up or even a descent starter.

Other Adds: Donte Moncrief (Indianapolis): 18 points, Crockett Gilmore (Baltimore): 20 points, James Starks (Green Bay): 9 points, Matt Jones (Washington): 24 points

Bust of the week:

Jimmy Graham (Seattle): The tight end who has been considered in the top two in the last few seasons arguably put up his worst fantasy performance of his career. Graham caught one pass for 11 yards and finished the night with one fantasy point. Reports indicate that the Seahawks are still trying to work Graham into the offense. Graham should have a better day on Sunday against the weak Bears defense.

Other Busts: Ravens DST: -3 points, Sam Bradford (Philadelphia): 6 points, DeMarco Murray (Philadelphia): 5 points

Aggie Fantasy:

Ryan Tannehill (Miami): After a disappointing fantasy outing in week one, Tannehill scored 23 points in week 2 against a Jags defense that was limiting opposing QBs to an average of 15 points per game. He went 30-for-44 for 359 yards and two touchdowns. Tannehill is listed as questionable entering his week 3 matchup with Buffalo but told reporters he is good to go.

Johnny Manziel (Cleveland): The 2012 Heisman winner won his first NFL start against the 2014 Heisman trophy winner, Marcus Mariota, 28-14 and put a smile to many Aggie fan’s faces. Manziel threw two deep balls one 60 and the other one 50 yards to Travis Benjamin for touchdowns and put up 14 points. Its decision time this week for Browns coach Mike Pettine as he decides whether to make Josh McCown or Manziel the starter.
Other Aggies: Martellus Bennett (Chicago): 4 points