Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Maddie Szeryk qualifies for NCAA Championships, Aggies fall short

Photo by Provided by Aggie Athletics
Women’s golf wins SEC Championship

Texas A&M Women’s Golf competed in the NCAA Columbus Regional this weekend, needing a top-six finish to qualify for a spot in the NCAA National Championships. The Aggies fell just short of their goal, finishing No. 9 overall for the week. However, there was a silver lining, as junior Maddie Szeryk finished in solo 10 to qualify as an individual.
Szeryk’s week was highlighted by a second round 2-under par score, giving her the lead heading into the final round of play on Sunday. A final round of 79 dropped her to a 10th place finish, but was still good enough for a spot in the NCAA Championships. 
The junior was tied for second in par 4 scoring and was inside the top-ten in total birdies for the week. This will be Szeryk’s second trip to the NCAA National Championships, as she also competed in the 2015 tournament. 
This was the final collegiate tournament for three Texas A&M seniors, Bianca Fabrizio, Thanya Pattamakijsakul, and Andrea Jonama.
Fabrizio finished in a tie for 43rd and was one of the few players to record an eagle this week. She finished her career with two All-SEC selections and three tournament wins.
Pattamakijsakul landed in a tie for 48th, and was inside the top-six in par 4 scoring for the week. One of the senior’s career highlights was her win at the 2016 Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational in Hawaii. 
Jonama ended her week in a tie for 61st place. Over her career at Texas A&M, she recorded 303 birdies, fourth most in Texas A&M history. 
Freshman Courtney Dow rounded out the team for Texas A&M this week, finishing in a tie for 51st. Dow’s 73.60 stroke average this season is the fourth best all-time for a Texas A&M freshman. 
Szeryk will tee it up in the stroke play portion of the NCAA National Championships on May 19-22 in Sugar Grove, Illinois.