Manziel traded, to play under former A&M HC Mike Sherman

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Johnny Manziel served as quarterback for both teams.

Johnny Manziel’s #ComebackSZN is on the move and has a new twist.
The former Texas A&M quarterback and 2012 Heisman Trophy winner was traded to the Montreal Alouettes on Sunday by the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
“We have acquired an exceptional quarterback with undeniable talent,” Kavis Reed, General Manager of the Alouettes, said in a statement. “With his great mobility, his athletic abilities and his instinct we believe that he will have a positive impact on our offence.
Manziel signed a two-year contract with Hamilton back in May, but never unseated starter Jeremiah Masoli in five games.
In Montreal, Manziel will be reunited with former A&M head coach Mike Sherman, who was responsible for Manziel’s recruitment. Manziel redshirted during Sherman’s final season with the Aggies in 2011 and never got a chance to play under him.
Manziel will also have a better chance of earning playing time, and even the starting job, with the Alouettes, who currently have the CFL’s worst offense averaging 13.8 points and 280.6 yards per game.
The debut of Manziel in Montreal will be this Thursday when the Alouettes take on Edmonton.