Aggie students gather to protest university funding of Israeli weapons manufacturing in Academic Plaza on Monday, April 29, 2024.
Students gather at A&M gather for pro-Palestine protest, calling for university divestment
Ana Renfroe, Head News Editor • April 29, 2024

Hundreds of Texas A&M students protested the Israel-Hamas war and assembled in Academic Plaza, demanding A&M divest funds and denounce...

Texas A&M senior Daniel Rodrigues lines up the ball during The Aggie Invitational on Saturday, April 6, 2024, at Traditions Golf Club. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Slumped at the semis
Idani Cantu, Sports Editor • April 28, 2024

The No. 22 Texas A&M men’s golf team traveled to St. Simons Island, Georgia to compete in the 2024 SEC Championship in hopes of taking...

Nicholas GutteridgeApril 25, 2024

Nervous about graduating? Opinion writer Nihan Iscan says there are great opportunities in not knowing your ideal career role. (File photo by Meredith Seaver)
Opinion: Embrace the unknown after graduation
Nihan Iscan, Opinion Writer • April 28, 2024

Graduation countdown has begun, and if you are anything like me, you're probably dealing with a whirlwind of emotions ranging from excitement...

Maroon and White roll the Tide

Photo by Jaime Rowe
Sophomore OF Keely Williams (18) watches her ball during Texas A&M’s game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)

No. 12 Texas A&M softball continued its weekend series against No. 13 Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Sunday, April 14 after losing to the Crimson Tide the day prior.

After getting shut out in Game 1, the Maroon and White came back to score a season-high 17 runs against the Crimson Tide in Sunday’s game, with seven of those runs coming in the seventh inning.

A walk from junior LF Kramer Eschete kicked things off before senior CF Jazmine Hill’s single. Another single from senior C Julia Cottrill sent Eschete home to score the first run for A&M of the series.

Senior 1B Trinity Cannon singled down the right-field line, allowing Hill to run home. A wild pitch allowed Cottrill to score the third run for A&M in the first.

The second inning saw senior 3B Kennedy Powell bunt a single to take first, who was able to advance to second as sophomore 2B Amari Harper advanced to first from getting hit by a pitch. A single through the left side from Hill sent them both home to extend A&M’s lead to 5-0. Hill made it 6-0 for A&M off of a throwing error from the Crimson Tide.

Alabama got on the board at the bottom of the second with a homer to center field from senior 3B Bailey Dowling.

At the top of the third, junior RF Allie Enright homered to left-center for the Maroon and White’s seventh run of the game.

In the bottom of the fourth, graduate LF Jenna Johnson singled to plate Alabama’s second run of the game.

The bottom of the fifth inning saw Alabama chip into A&M’s lead even more, as junior RF Kendal Clark homered to left field to score three runs and make it a 7-5 ballgame.

The Maroon and White got things going again at the start of the sixth inning as Cottrill singled through the right side to send Eschete home to make it 8-5 for A&M.

A double from Cannon into right-center scored the ninth run of the game for the Maroon and White. Then came a sacrifice fly from Enright that sent freshman PR Scout Lovell home to put A&M up 10-5 going into the bottom of the sixth.

A single into centerfield by sophomore SS Kenleigh Cahalan advanced sophomore C Riley Valentine home for Alabama to reduce A&M’s lead to four.

The seventh and final inning started with a single from sophomore 2B Amari Harper before a walk from Eschete. A fielding error loaded the bases for Cottrill to hit a sacrifice fly to left field to advance Hill to second and Eschete to third while Harper ran home to make it 11-6.

Right after, another single from Cannon sent home Hill and Eschete to extend A&M’s lead to seven runs, while Cannon advanced to second with a walk from sophomore DH Keely Williams.

The Maroon and White weren’t done, as Enright singled up the middle to advance Williams to second and bring Cannon home.

Powell closed things out for A&M with a three-homer to right field.

With the series tied up at 1-1, A&M will look to close it out on Monday, April 14 at 6 p.m.