Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) dlivers a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Kentucky at the NCAA Men’s College World Series at in Omaha, Nebraska on Monday, June 17, 2024. Prager went for 6.2 innings, allowing two hits and zero runs. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Meet the recruits

Today is National Signing Day and Texas A&M has a promising cast of 2016 recruits with six ESPN-300 commits on the squad. With a total of 19 commits for the Aggies, an impressive total of 11 four-star athletes will secure some relief for a bright future in Aggieland. The Battalion wraps up a week-long series of profiles on impressive expected incoming players. Follow our Twitter feed for the live coverage of recruits as they sign.

Rakeem Boyd, RB, Stratford (Houston)

At 5-foot-11 and 200 pounds, Boyd has the size and strength to thrive at the Division I level. Boyd is rated the 23rd-best running back in the class, and is one of 11 four-star recruits in this year’s class for Texas A&M. He rushed for more than 1,000 yards in three of his four years, including a monster junior campaign where he racked up 2,519 yards and 29 touchdowns. This earned him first-team All-State honors in 2014, and he was named to the All-Greater Houston first team as a senior. Boyd is an incredibly strong downhill runner whose style of running is very popular in the SEC.

Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Judson (Converse)

Robinson, a three-star recruit from the San Antonio area, verbally committed to Texas A&M in August. Standing at 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds, he projects as more of a linebacker than a defensive end, but he has the tools to play both. He has a great makeup and runs the 200-meter dash in track, so he has the speed to play in the SEC. Robinson recorded 17 TFLs and eight sacks as a senior, leading his Judson team to the state semifinals for the second year in a row.

Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola (Mineola)

One of the weak links for the 2015 A&M team was the offensive line, which is why Anderson is a nice gain for Kevin Sumlin and his staff. The 6-foot-5, 285-pound tackle already has nice size, and will likely put on more muscle once he gets to A&M. He boasts terrific speed for a lineman as well as a motor that never stops, and if he can improve his footwork over the next few years, he has a chance to be very good in the trenches. His high school team ran a rush-heavy offense that didn’t pass much, so developing a comfort level in pass blocking will be something to watch for. Riley’s twin brother Austin, also an offensive lineman, has verbally committed to Texas A&M as well.