No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Meet the Yell Leaders: Will Alders

Photo by Photo By: Tim Lai
Yell Leader Alders

From Nacogdoches, Texas, Will Alders, an agricultural business junior, is one of two junior Yell Leaders. 
While he considers Nacogdoches his home town, Alders said he grew up on a Ranch near the small community of Woden, Texas along with his nine siblings. 
Alders is a third generation Aggie who grew up wearing maroon. He spent a chunck of his childhood tossing a football, pretending he was Steve McGee or John David Crowe.
“I absolutely loved Aggie sports growing up and coming to Aggie football games and watching Aggie athletics,” Alders said. “Transitioning to Texas A&M, I loved attending the games as a student and being a part of the 12th Man freshman year.”
Alders said He began considering a Yell Leader position the first semester of his sophomore year. 
“The thing that inspired me was just growing up surrounded by Aggies and seeing the Aggie culture and seeing what makes Texas A&M so different and so unique and so special,” Alders said. “And so just being able to help in a way, as a Yell Leader, to give back to this university has been really inspiring.”
Alders said he wants to use the Yell Leader position to give back to the university.
“Seeing the Aggie spirit that unites us all and seeing the Aggie spirit that fills so many Aggies just all across the place, from different walks of life and everything,” Alders said. “I love putting on this uniform because it means so much.”
Alders said the day-to-day of being a Yell Leader requires a balance that he has cultivated over the year.
“Freshman Will Alders forgot that pretty quickly because there’s so much fun stuff to do and there are so many ways that you can get distracted,” Alders said. “Study first, and then after that, sleep, and then after that, get involved. Really try to push your limits and boundaries a little bit.”
Growing up on a ranch, Alders said he’s been surrounded by agriculture all his life and would like to be involved with agriculture somehow after he graduates.
“Ag business is very broad, it’s very diverse,” Alders said. “There’s a lot of opportunities surrounding it. I’d love to go back, maybe sometime down the road, go back and help out with the family business.”