Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Men’s basketball prepares to host Alabama Saturday at Reed

Photo by Photo by: Morgan Engel

Sophomore guard Admon Gilder had a team-high 22 points against the Tigers, and also added three steals and three assists. 

The Texas A&M men’s basketball team (14-13, 6-9 SEC) begins their final three games hosting by hosting Alabama (16-11, 9-6 SEC) this Saturday at Reed Arena. The Aggies return to College Station following a 77-86 loss to Arkansas.

Sophomores Admon Gilder and Tyler Davis have led the team thus far. The two have have team highs in minutes played. With Davis leading in field goal percentage among qualified shooters at 62.8 percent.

Gilder leads the team in three point percentage among qualified shooters 44 percent, a quality head coach Billy Kennedy emphasized a wider need for across the team.

“Our post guys are getting it done,” Kennedy said. “We’ve got to have someone on the perimeter, besides Admon, score some points.”

With A&M not even on the bubble of most NCAA tournament predictions, the Aggies are out of room for error.

“Obviously we’ve got to win the rest of our games and get in the [SEC] tournament and win a few games,” Kennedy said about what A&M needed to do to make a postseason tournament.
Tyler Davis stressed execution when asked what A&M needed to do to get a victory against Alabama.

“It’s the little things,” Davis said. “We need all the momentum we can get before the SEC tournament. We’re just trying to win games and get our bid in the big tournament.”

Alabama is currently four games back in the SEC and sit in fifth place behind South Carolina. The Aggies are currently tied for tenth with Auburn, both 7 games back.

Alabama is coming off of a home loss against Georgia. Alabama comes to College Station looking to improve their SEC tournament seeding, and their resume in hopes of making the NCAA tournament.
Tip-off is set at 7 pm in Reed Arena. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2.