Men’s basketball travels to Arkansas for midweek match up

Photo by: Morgan Engel

Freshman Forward Robert Williams had a dominating 18 points, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 3 assits against Missouri. 

The Aggie men’s basketball team (14-12, 6-8 SEC) will continue conference play as they travel to Fayetteville to take on the Arkansas Razorbacks (20-7, 9-5 SEC). The Aggies are fresh off a dominating win over Auburn where they shot 68.9 percent from the field, the highest in college basketball this season and the third highest in school history.
The Aggies are led by freshman Robert Williams and sophomores Admon Gilder and Tyler Davis. Williams has been dazzling fans all season and is averaging 11.7 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game. Gilder, who is averaging 13.8 points, four rebound and four assists per game, has been a workhorse for the Aggies lately as he’s averaged 34 minutes a game and has barely stepped off the court the last few contests. Davis is averaging a team-high 14.1 points while also grabbing 6.9 rebounds a game.

After it was announced Aggie sophomore DJ Hogg will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, head coach Billy Kennedy has turned to some of the guys who haven’t gotten many minutes this season. One of those players is sophomore guard Kobie Eubanks.
Eubanks was a four-star recruit out of high school, but had offseason surgery that has held him back some this year. The sophomore logged 25 minutes against Auburn – after playing just 63 total minutes the whole season – contributing eight points and six rebounds. The Aggies are going to need guys like Eubanks to step up the rest of the season as Kennedy and A&M are quickly running out of depth.

Arkansas has won three straight games, including a big road win over No. 21 South Carolina, and are still in the hunt for an NCAA tournament berth. The Razorbacks are led by senior guard Dusty Hannahs, junior guard Daryl Macon and senior forward Moses Kingsley. Hannahs is averaging a team-high 14.7 points a game and is shooting 39 percent from beyond the arc. Macon scores 13.7 points a game and leads the team in assists with 60 total on the year. Kingsley, a preseason first-team All-SEC selection, is averaging 12.0 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks a game.

Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. The game will be shown on the SEC Network.