Men’s golf travels overseas for Irish Invitational in Ireland

Texas A&M men’s golf is headed across the pond to Ireland for the Irish Invitational at Waterville in County Kerry, which will take place Oct 22-25.

Although the Irish Invitational is in Ireland, it is hosted by Norte Dame, and the other teams competing alongside the No. 25 Aggies and the Irish are UNC Wilmington and three Irish universities.

Since earning a third place finish at the Jackrabbit Invitational in September, the Aggies have not competed in an event as a unit. Senior Adrià Arnaus competed in the Spirit International Amateur Golf Championship, however.

Arnaus represented the Texas A&M men’s golf and his native country of Spain, earning a third place finish at the championship. It is an event which occurs every two years, and all 80 participants compete for gold medals and are given an Olympic-like feeling, including opening and closing ceremonies.

The Aggies have had a series of top five finishes that have earned them a top 25 ranking, most recently at the Jackrabbit Invitational in Valentine, Nebraska. The Aggies finished the tournament tied for third with Oregon at two-over par. Senior Adrià Arnaus finished tied for fifth while senior Ben Crancer finished tied for eighth.
The tournament will begin Thursday and will conclude Saturday.