Men’s tennis defeats Ole Miss on the road

Photo by Photo by Ana Casas

Senior Jordi Arconada and his doubles partner Junior Kevin Lam fell to a team from Texas Tech in the 2017 ITA Regional Championships final last weekend at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center.

The No.7 Texas A&M men’s tennis team won 7-0 at Ole Miss as they began SEC play Friday at the Ole Miss Indoor Tennis Center in Oxford, Miss. The Aggies improved to 8-3 on the year and 1-0 in SEC play meanwhile the Rebels claim the second record and 0-1 in conference play.
The Aggies kicked off the match by claiming the doubles point for the fifth time this season. Valentin Vacherot and Al Catanzariti defeated Gustav Hansson and Finn Reynolds, 6-4, on doubles court three followed by a 7-5 win by No. 29 Jordi Arconada and Juan Carlos Aguilar against No.24 Zvonimir Babic and Filip Kraljevic to secure the point on court two.
No.51 Arconada beat out Babic 6-2, 6-1 on court three to increase A&M lead to 2-0. The win was the team-leading ninth win this spring for Arconada. No.21 Arthur Rinderknech picked up the Aggies third point of the day, topping No.15 Tim Sandkaulen 6-3, 6-4 on court two. Aguilar clinched the team victory with a 7-5, 6-1 win over Fabian Fallert on court five.
The Aggies finished the sweep with wins by No.46 Patrick Kypson over No.31 Gustav Hansson, No.17 Vacherot over Grey Hamilton and Barnaby Smith over No.85 Kraljevic. The win over Kraljevic marked the first ranked win for Smith.
The Aggies return to action at Arkansas, Sunday afternoon. The Aggies and Razorbacks are set to face off at 1:00 p.m.