Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

Myles Garrett wows at NFL Combine

Photo by By Lawrence Smelser

Garrett is projected to be selected No. 1 overall in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Former Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett is projected to go No. 1 overall in the 2017 NFL Draft. Garrett might have guaranteed himself as a lock for first pick after his performances at the NFL Combine this weekend. 
On Saturday the 6-foot-4, 272-pounder impressed during the bench press with 33 reps of 225 lbs. Garrett finished second behind Auburn’s Carl Lawson who finished with 35 reps.

Sunday morning Garrett ran the 40-yard dash and clocked in at 4.64 seconds. His time tied for the fifth-fastest time by a 270-pound defensive lineman at the combine since 2006. Among the quarterbacks that ran the 40, Garrett’s time was tied for second fastest with Joshua Dobbs and faster than national champion Deshaun Watson (4.66). The only quarterback that ran faster was Garrett’s former teammate, Trevor Knight, who ran a 4.54.

Following the 40-yard dash came the vertical jump. The Arlington, Texas native leaped 41” which was good for second in the combine behind his fellow Aggie, wide receiver Speedy Noil (43.5”). Garrett’s 41-inch vertical was half an inch shorter than the highest vertical in last year’s combine (Jalen Ramsey 41.5”).

Garrett’s last event was the broad jump where he posted an astounding length of 10’8”. His jump tied for fourth best since 2006 for a defensive lineman.

The projected first-overall pick will show his skills off again on March 29 at his pro day.