No. 1 Texas A&M tops Delaware State on Saturday

Equestrian
Photo by Photo by Ana Casas
Equestrian

The top ranked Texas A&M equestrian team traveled to the Dovington Training Center Dover, Delaware where they picked up their fourth win of the year against the Delaware State Hornets 18-6. The Aggies (4-1, 1-1 SEC) are coming off a loss at No 2. Georgia on Friday.
“Obviously we had a rough day yesterday, so to see us bounce back was really encouraging,” A&M head coach Tana Mckay said. “In this sport you don’t usually get the chance to come back the next day and correct your mistakes. I think we cleaned up a lot of stuff. We had another tough test with a different set of horses that we didn’t know a lot about. Delaware State was a great host and we appreciate them letting us come out here and compete.” (Via 12thman.com)
A&M was the first to strike in the opening event, Equitation Over Fences. They took a 4-2 lead with the help of senior Kai Devoglaer who got the Aggies on the board early with a victory over sophomore Hornet Molly Gara 82-81.
A&M kept stringing points together with wins from junior Rebekah Chenelle 88-78, senior Alex Desiderio 80-77, and along with senior Rachel Hake 80-77. Devoglaer was named most outstanding player on the match.
In the second event of Reining, A&M scored first with wins from sophomore Darby Gardner 72-70, junior Haley Franc 69-67.5, junior Kalee McCann 72.5-65.5 and senior Madison Bohman took hold of the match by earning most outstanding player and a 67.5-0 win.
Senior Bailey Cook came back victorious in a 76-73.5 showdown. Then the following wins came from junior Sarah Orsak 76-71.5, sophomore Ashley Davidson 77-73, sophomore Kyra Bouma 72-71 and true freshman Alex Albight, who got her first win ever as an Aggie 75.5-73 over sophomore Hornet Elizabeth Lynch.
In the last event Equitation on the Flat senior Madison Swem came out victorious over Delaware State’s Gara 79-66. A&M closed it out with wins from sophomore Ellie Williams 79-65, redshirt sophomore Brianna Peddicord 89-62, and Desiderio earned her second point with a 79-70 win. Peddicord earned most outstanding player honors.
The Aggies return home on October 26 with a 12 p.m. against Texas Christian University at the Hildebrand Equine Complex.