No. 10 softball heads to SHSU for second matchup of season

Softball
Photo by Photo by: Morgan Engel
Softball

Texas A&M softball will try and continue its strong play in another midweek clash in Huntsville against Sam Houston State.
The Aggies (20-2) return to Texas after spending the weekend in California for the San Diego Classic. No. 10 Texas A&M witnessed its 15-game winning streak snap at the hands of San Diego State, as well as its final two games get cancelled due to inclement weather.
Despite the loss, the Aggies were able to regain momentum by defeating Grand Canyon University and the University of San Diego, 2-1 and 21-0 respectively. The 21 runs posted by the Aggies were the most runs scored in a single game under head coach Jo Evans.
Texas A&M hosted SHSU (5-12) on Feb. 17 at the Aggie Softball Complex with the Aggies having their way with the Bearkats from the first pitch. A&M defeated the Bearkats 8-0 in five innings. Freshman pitcher Samantha Show, who has an NCAA leading 11 wins, allowed one hit and no runs with three strikeouts in five innings pitched.
Since the Feb. 17 matchup in College Station, SHSU has won five games and is looking to bounce back from a recent three-game losing streak concluding with a 4-2 loss versus Seton Hall this past Sunday in the South Florida Tournament. Meanwhile, Texas A&M has been red hot all season, winning 16 of its past 17 games.
First pitch is scheduled for Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Bearkat Softball Complex.