Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

No. 13 A&M women’s tennis sweeps A&M-Corpus Christi

Photo by Adriano Espinosa
Senior Carson Branstine hits the ball during Texas A&M’s match against A&M Corpus Christi in the NCAA Women’s Tennis tournament at Mitchell Tennis Center on Saturday, May 4, 2024. (Adriano Espinosa/The Battalion)

No. 13 Texas A&M women’s tennis met Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, May 4 at the Mitchell Tennis Center. Coming off of an SEC Tournament finals appearance, the Maroon and White attempted to continue their success.

Beginning with doubles, on Court 1, the Aggies’ junior Mary Stoiana and sophomore Mia Kupres started things off strong with a donut victory over the Islanders’ senior duo of Emma Aucagne and Naomi Moi McKenzie, 6-0.

The duo of senior Carson Branstine and freshman Lucciana Perez claimed A&M’s first point of the day on Court 2, taking out the Islanders’ senior Kateryna Rublevska and senior Valeria Cherfus in sweet fashion, 6-2.

A&M kept its foot on the gas moving into singles play. On Court 1, Branstine made a statement for the Aggies as she defeated Aucagne, 6-2, 6-1.

On Court 4, Perez displayed why she was the SEC Freshman of the Year, beating the Islanders’ sophomore Palina Saulevich, 6-1, 6-1.

Capturing the victory for the Maroon and White on Court 5, Mireles took down Rublevska, 6-1, 6-0.

“At the end of the day we performed at a high level and were clicking on all cylinders,” coach Mark Weaver said. “If all six girls play at the level they are capable of, we’re a pretty rough team out there.”

With a win over A&M-Corpus Christi, the Maroon and White clinch a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Watch the Aggies take on No. 18 Oklahoma on Sunday, May 5 at the Mitchell Tennis Center at 1 p.m.