No. 15 Aggies hope to stay hot against Houston Baptist University

Photo by File

Walker Pennington hit two home runs in last weekend’s series against LSU, including a game-winning blast in the series finale.

No. 15 Texas A&M hopes to extend its four-game winning streak when it hosts Houston Baptist Tuesday night at Olsen Field.
The Aggies (32-13, 13-8 SEC) are coming off a dominant road sweep of Missouri, in which they outscored the Tigers 25-4 in the three-game series. The Huskies (22-17, 14-7 Southland), however, are hot as well, having won eight of their last ten games and are currently third in the conference.
HBU is led by left fielder Spencer Halloran who boasts a team-high .356 average and also leads the Huskies in hits (53), home runs (3) and is tied for first in RBI (25).
Braden Shewmake continues to be a catalyst for the Aggies’ offensive attack and his performance this past weekend earned him SEC Freshman of the Week honors for the second time this season – the first A&M player to be tabbed FOTW more than once.
For the weekend, Shewmake was 8-for-16 (.500) and drove in seven RBI, including a two-run homer on Sunday. In Friday’s doubleheader, the second baseman was a combined 7-for-11 and recorded four hits in A&M’s 7-1 victory in game two.
Turner Larkins (0-1) is expected to make his fourth straight mid-week start on the mound for A&M. The junior right-hander has eased into his Tuesday role over the past month and has tossed four innings in each of his three starts this season.
The Aggies and Huskies are set for a 6:30 p.m. first pitch and the game will be aired on SEC Network Plus.