No. 18 A&M falls to Dallas Baptist on the road

Photo by Annie Lui

Junior Logan Foster had five at-bats and two hits.

Three different Dallas Baptist players hit home runs Tuesday night as the Patriots upset No. 18 Texas A&M at Horner Park, 5-4.
Dallas Baptist (13-3) displayed a dominant game at the plate starting in the second inning after infielder and outfielder Luke Bandy singled through the left side with two runners on base for an RBI, making it 1-0.
The Aggies’ (15-4) starting pitcher Chandler Jozwiak would face the plate for only three innings after throwing five strikeouts and allowing two hits and one earned run before being replaced by Joseph Menefee in the fourth inning.
The freshman would allow a batter on base after earning an out but catcher Christian Boulware would connect with the first home run of the game to make it 3-0 in the fourth.
A&M would get on the board in the top of the sixth inning with a double to left-center field from infielder WIll Frizzell that would allow outfielder Logan Foster to cross home plate to cut the deficit to 3-1.
Sophomore pitcher Bryce Miller would take over for Menefee in the bottom of the sixth, but would face some difficulty when infielder Bryce Ball hit it over the left field fence to make it 4-1. Infielder Blayne Jones followed Ball in the lineup with another home run to extend the lead to 5-1.
However in the top of the next inning DBU’s pitching faltered after allowing outfielders Ty Condel and Cam Blake to get on base, followed by a single base hit to left field from designated hitter Bryce Blaum for an RBI to make it 5-2.
Infielder Ty Coleman mirrored Blaum on the next at bat after a Patriots infielder reached on error that would allow Condel to score. Junior infielder Brendan Shewmake followed with a single through the left side that forced Blaum over the plate to cut the lead to 5-4 with no outs.
Each team would keep it scoreless in the final two innings to wrap up the game in Dallas. A&M finished 7-of-31 from the plate while striking out 15 batters for DBU, with the Patriots going 9-of-37 from home plate and 12 strikeouts.
The Aggies will face off with No. 1 Vanderbilt in a three game series starting on Friday at Blue Bell Park. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. and will be televised on SEC Network+.