No. 2 A&M women’s swim earn NCAA cuts after day one of Last Chance Meet

Photo by Photo by C. Morgan Engel

Junior Claire Rasmus during the women’s 500-yard freestyle at the 2018 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships.

The No. 2 Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving team kicked off the Texas A&M Last Chance Meet on Friday, as they attempt to notch new NCAA Championship qualifying times.
The Aggies finished the first day of the meet with six new NCAA “B” cuts.
Senior Caitlin Moon (4:40.57), freshman Haley Yelle (4:41.60), and freshman Audrey McMurry (4:45.58) all made the cut in the 500 free, beating the qualifying time of 4:47.79.
One Aggie posted a “B” cut time in the 200 IM, with freshman Camryn Toney finishing in 1:58.84, almost three seconds ahead of the 2:01.59 qualifying time.
Sophomores Raena Eldridge and Golf Sapianchai squeezed past the 50 free “B” cut qualifying time of 22.99 with 22.59 and 22.86 respectively.
At last year’s NCAA Championship the Aggies notched third place, their highest place finish in program history. At that meet Eldridge had a spot on the ninth place 200 free relay team.
The Last Chance Meet will continue through Sunday and the Recreation Center Natatorium, with the 400 free relay wrapping up the final day of NCAA qualifying. The preliminaries begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and the finals start at 5 p.m. both days.