No. 7 A&M softball sweeps No. 22 Ole Miss in Oxford

Softball
Photo by File
Softball

No. 7 Texas A&M softball ended their second week of conference play by sweeping No. 22 Ole Miss on the road.
The Aggies began their sweep of the Rebels on Friday with a 4-2 victory in Mississippi. In the bottom of the second inning, the Aggies found themselves trailing the Rebels 1-0 after a single by Alyssa Gonzalez.  
A&M responded in the following inning after freshman Sarah Hudek sent a pitch to the outfield wall for a double which allowed junior Tori Vidales to score to tie the game. Junior Ashley Walters scored on a wild pitch to give the Aggies the 2-1 lead.
The Rebels were able to tie the game in the bottom of the fourth inning after an A&M throwing error. Sophomore Riley Sartain gave the Aggies a 3-2 lead after hitting her fifth home run of the season.
Junior Trinity Harrington earned her sixth win of the season in a complete game outing where she retired five batters while giving up two hits.
In the seventh inning, A&M extended its lead after sophomore Kaitlyn Alderink sent a pitch to center field which allowed A&M to take the 4-2 advantage which would go on to be the final score in the first game of the series.
On Saturday, the A&M offense picked up where they left off following run rule victory to take the 8-0 win in game two. The six-run second inning was led-off the by junior Kristen Cuyos who hit her sixth home run of the season with the bases loaded to give the maroon and white the 4-0 lead. A&M extended their second inning lead to 6-0 with a two-RBI single which allowed sophomores Samantha Show and Keeli Milligan. Hudek launched her third home run of the season to propel A&M to 8-0 mark giving the Aggies the victory.
Show held the Rebel offense two hits on the day, striking out nine of the 17 batters she faced in a complete game outing. Show moves to 10-1 on the season with an ERA of .79.
The final game of the series featured the lowest scoring affair from both teams. A&M drew first blood after Sartain flew out to deep center which allowed Alderink to score giving the maroon and white the early 1-0 lead.
In the second inning, the maroon and while extended their lead to 2-0 after a bases loaded walk. A&M once again added to its lead on the top of the fourth inning off an RBI double by Sartain giving the maroon and white the 3-0 advantage. The Rebels cut in to the Aggies lead after an RBI single by Brittany Finney which allowed Miranda Strother to score.
The Aggies will be back in action on Wednesday as they host Prairie View A&M at the Aggie Softball Complex beginning at 6:30 p.m.