Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Players to watch: ULM

Photo by Jonathan Taffet

Sophomore LB Edgerrin Cooper (45) makes a tackle during A&M’s game at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Jonathan Taffet/The Battalion)

Texas A&M football will look to rebound after a disappointing loss to the Miami Hurricanes in Week 2 as it welcomes the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks to town.
ULM, led by head coach Terry Bowden, heads into Week 3 at 2-0 for the first time since 2018 after wins over Army and Lamar to start its season.
Here are the players to keep an eye on as the Aggies return to Kyle Field on Saturday, Sept. 16, at 3 p.m.
Evan Stewart, WR (Texas A&M)
Sophomore wide receiver Evan Stewart’s 19 receptions and 257 receiving yards lead the Aggies and put him fourth and seventh in the FBS in each category, respectively.
A&M’s offense is averaging 42.5 points per game, in large part due to the connection of sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman and Stewart.
Hunter Smith, RB (UL Monroe)
Sophomore running back Hunter Smith ran for over 100 yards and found the end zone once in each of the Warhawks’ first two games.
With the ULM offense averaging 246 rushing yards and a mere 95 passing yards per game, Smith should receive plenty of carries.
Conner Weigman, QB (Texas A&M)
Sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman’s 336 passing yards and pair of touchdowns was a bright spot in the Aggies’ 48-33 loss to Miami.
Weigman had five touchdown passes in the season-opener against New Mexico and ranks seventh in the FBS in total quarterback rating. Look for him to potentially expose a ULM defense that’s only faced the likes of Army and Lamar thus far.
Tyrone Howell, WR (UL Monroe)
Senior wide receiver Tyrone Howell led the Warhawks in receiving yards in both of their first two games. Howell also has ULM’s only receiving touchdown of the year.
While ULM favors the run game over an aerial attack, Howell is the clear No. 1 target for sophomore quarterback Hunter Herring.
Edgerrin Cooper, LB (Texas A&M)
Junior linebacker Edgerrin Cooper leads A&M in both tackles, with 14, and tackles for a loss, with four this season.
Cooper and the Aggie defense will look to put pressure on Herring, who is set to make only his second career start after entering the game late against Army.
Adin Huntington, DL (UL Monroe)
Junior defensive lineman Adin Huntington is the leading tackler on a ULM defense that has held each of its first two opponents to under 15 points.
Huntington had half a sack and a tackle for loss in the Warhawks’ 24-14 win over Lamar last week.