Purdue transfer Garrett Miller commits to A&M

Photo by Chris Swann

Graduate TE Max Wright (42) gets tackled during Texas A&M’s game against ULM at Kyle Field on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023.

Texas A&M football received the commitment of Purdue redshirt senior tight end Garrett Miller on Dec. 19, he announced on X. The Round Rock product is the Aggies’ sixth portal pickup of the offseason.

Miller appeared in 33 games over four seasons with the Boilermakers while missing the 2022 campaign with an injury. He has totaled 51 catches for 456 yards and three touchdowns in his career, with 2023 being his most productive season. This year, he reeled in 30 receptions for 243 yards and two scores as Purdue finished 4-8.
Miller was a three-star recruit out of Round Rock High School in 2019. The Aggies have seen sophomore tight ends Jake Johnson and Fernando Garza III enter the transfer portal, with Johnson announcing his commitment to North Carolina. Additionally, 2023 marked graduate tight end Max Wright’s final season with A&M due to graduation.
Miller joins freshmen Theo Melin Öhrström and Jaden Platt and sophomore Donovan Green in the Aggies’ tight end room. Green missed the 2023 season after tearing his ACL in preseason practice.