Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

Sam Bennett wins 122nd USGA Amateur Championship

Sam+Bennett
via 12thman.com
Sam Bennett

On Sunday, Aug. 21, Texas A&M senior golfer Sam Bennett won the 122nd United States Golf Association Amateur Championship at the Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus, N.J.

Since 1895, the U.S. Amateur Championship has hosted the best amateur golfers across the country. Golfers such as Phil Mickelson, Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods have won the tournament and have gone on to have distinguished careers. Bennett is the first golfer from A&M to win this tournament.

The Madisonville native joins the names of the best in the game after he secured a 1-up victory against Georgia Southern golfer Ben Carr in the final rounds of the championship.

This added another award to Bennett’s already impressive resume. In 2021, he was named a PING First Team All-American, All-SEC First Team, a Ben Hogan Award semifinalist and the GCAA All-Nicklaus Team.

Bennett will join the rest of his team on Sunday, Sept. 11 as they travel to Wisconsin for the Badger Invitational.